Raw Caramel Slice
This super simple caramel slice is a cheeky treat without the guilt! A little goes a long way with its sweet filling. Store in the fridge after setting for a 3pm natural sugar hit!
1/2 cup pitted dates
1/2 cup almonds
1/4 cup coconut oil
Blend all ingredients in a food processor, pack down into a tin and put
in freezer whilst you make the caramel layer.
1/2 cup raw honey
1/2 cup tahini (sauce made from sesame seeds - good source of protein)
Blend all ingredients in food processor and layer on top of the base and put in freeze whilst you make the chocolate layer.
1/2 cup of cocoa powder
1/2 cup of coconut oil
Stevia to taste (or sweetener of choice)
Blend all ingredients in food processor and layer on top of caramel layer and put in the freezer to set for about 2 hours.
Let’s take a look at next week for example, and some of the awesome recipes on the menu:
3/4 cup spelt, white, or oat flour
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp dutch cocoa powder - regular cocoa is fine; they just won’t taste as authentic
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp unrefined or regular sugar, or xylitol for sugar-free
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup vegetable or coconut oil
3 tbsp milk of choice
2 tbsp pure maple syrup, honey, or agave
1. Beat 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract and 1/4 cup melted coconut butter with beaters or food processor until smooth.
1. Combine first 5 cookie ingredients and stir.
2. In a seperate bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Mix wet into dry to form a dough, then refrigerate for 30 minutes before baking.
3. Preheat oven to 180C.
4. Mould dough into a big ball and then roll into thin dough and cut flat circles using a cookie cutter.
5. Bake on a greased baking tray for 10 minutes. Don't panic if they look a little bit underdone when they come out!
6. Let them cool for 10 minutes before taking them off the tray. They'll firm up during this time.
7. Spoon in a teaspoon of filling onto half of the cookies and then top with remaining cookies.
8. Refrigerate to set and store in fridge. Enjoy!