Perfect when served warm or at room temperature, this upside apple cake is so moist and delicious - you'll go back for seconds! Topping ingredients:
Steps: 1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Spray a cake pan with nonstick cooking spray and lay down the baking paper, set aside.
2. Add butter, brown sugar and cinnamon to a saucepan over medium heat and stir well until smooth. Remove from heat and pour into the cake pan, evenly spread.
3. Arrange apples in an even layer on the top of mixture.
4. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside. In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Slowly add the eggs one at a time and mix well after adding each one. Add the vanilla and mix until combined.
5. Mix the dry ingredients and milk, alternating between each into the wet ingredients, starting with flour and ending with flour.
6. Pour batter onto the apples in the cake pan on top of the sliced apples.
7. Bake at 180 for 35-40 minutes or until a wooden skewer comes out clean.
8. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes in the pan before flipping onto a large plate.
9. Serve and enjoy!