Purpose of Policy
- We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website, including
- information provided at the time of registering to use the Website;
- subscribing to our services;
- posting material or requesting further services; and
- information you provide when you report a problem with the Website;
- records of our correspondence with you, if you contact us;
- your responses to any surveys that we ask you to complete for research purposes;
- details of transactions you carry out through the Website and of the fulfilment of your orders;
- details of your visits to the Website including,
- traffic data;
- location data;
- weblogs; and
- other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website, including
- We may also collect sensitive information from you, including health information, if it is relevant to our provision of goods or services to you.
- We may collect information about your computer, including when available:
- your IP address;
- operating system; and
- browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
We may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file that is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalised service, by enabling us:
- to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the Website according to your individual interests;
- to speed up your searches; and
- to recognise you when you return to the Website.
- We may collect the following data about you:
- The data that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside Australia.
- It may also be processed by staff operating outside the Australia who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
- By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Uses made of the information
- Information you enter into our registration forms may be collected and stored briefly by us so that we may contact you in relation to the nature of your attempted transaction, even if you don’t confirm the transaction. This may be used to send operational emails to enquire as to why the purchase was not completed. We will not use this data for any other purpose, we won’t store it for longer than necessary and we certainly won’t share it with any other company. Our aim is simply to provide you with the highest level of service that we can.
- We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to respond to any enquiries you may have and to provide you with the products and services you may have requested;
- to contact you (including via electronic messaging such as SMS and email, by mail, by phone or in any other lawful manner) in relation to your enquiry or order;
- to respond to your feedback or complaint;
- to administer, investigate and resolve any other claims that you are involved in;
- to carry out our business functions and activities, including meeting our legal and regulatory obligations; and
- to improve the service we provide.
- We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
- If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
- We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under thirty have clicked on their advertisement on any given day).
- We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in urban areas).
- We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- The Website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (Google). Google Analytics also uses “Cookies”, text files that are saved on the hard drive of your computer and enable the analysis of your use of the Website. The information gathered by the cookie about the use of the Website will generally be transmitted to Google servers in the US and saved there. Should IP anonymisation be activated for the Website, your IP address will be shortened by Google within Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. As licensed by the owners of the Website, Google will use this information in order to analyse your use of the Website, in order to compile reports regarding the Website activity, and in order to render further services associated with Website activity and Internet usage to the owner of the Website. The IP address of your browser as detected by Google Analytics will not be conflated with other data from Google. You can choose to prevent the saving of cookie files through the relevant setting in your browser software; we would however like to inform you that you will in this case not be able to use all the functions of the Website to their full extent. You can choose to prevent Google’s collection and usage of the data gathered by cookie files to provide information regarding your usage of the Website (including your IP address) by downloading and installing the browser plugin available here. By using the Website, you are consenting to the appropriation of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes laid out above.
Storage and security of your personal information
- We generally host and store data (including customer data and personal information) electronically in our IT systems. We may also hold some personal information in hard copy paper files.
- We take steps to protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We do this by limiting who can access your personal information. We have security systems in place for the Website. However, because of the nature of the internet, we are unable to guarantee the security of your personal information.
Disclosure of your information
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if our shares or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property or safety of MarleySpoon, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- to help us analyse our business practices and improve our products and services and obtain feedback; and
- if they are service providers that we use to help us conduct the business, subject to confidentiality provisions as we deem appropriate.
- If we need to use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose, we will obtain your consent first, unless it is required or authorised by law to do so (including under the Act).
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- You have a right to request access to or correction of your personal information held by us. If you wish to do so, please contact us at email@example.com